Get your 6-month No-Cost Opt-Out offer for Unlimited software automation!

Cannot find textbox object on a Logon Dialog box

Cannot find textbox object on a Logon Dialog box

Home Forums Ask Expert Cannot find textbox object on a Logon Dialog box

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Chan
    Participant

Hi, I am using zaptest’s Relative Object to have it recognize a logon Dialog box of a eclipse application but failed. It is crutial for the script to be able to type a password in that field to logon. I have tried to have it relate to many text objects but none of them seem to get the textbox correctly recognized… Please help! (note: see sceenshot of how it looks like)

Attachments:
      Kirill Bulatnikov
      Participant

Hello and thanks for interesting in ZAPTEST

Can you please provide your script *.zap file and I will check what may be wrong.

Thanks,
        ZAPTEST Team

Andrew Chan
        Participant

attaching zap file. Thanks.

Attachments:
          Kirill Bulatnikov
          Participant

Here you go. Try improved version.
            Sometimes when you have many objects close to another it is hard to recognize it as a separate objects. In this case you need to use “OCR Partial” recognition type.

Andrew Chan
            Participant

no luck… I see from the recognized image that it is still bouncing everywhere (see attachment)

Attachments:
              Kirill Bulatnikov
              Participant

OK, probably that login dialog loaded with tiny delay and ZAPTEST trying to type to nonexistent item. Can you try to insert “wait 2” statement prior to populating a password.
                Also you may try another version slightly edited by me.

Andrew Chan
                Participant

actually i think from the screenshot I can see a corner of the Login dialog box already. I just tried your v2 script, the parent password object is found but still not able to relate to the textbox. Attaching the result.

Attachments:
                  Kirill Bulatnikov
                  Participant

Can you please share your test scenario with recorded video in it (I can see you are using recorder)?

You can also try another one slightly updated script:

Andrew Chan
                    Participant

Tried v3. still no luck. I have attached in v4 the recorded scenario so you can see the sequence of the pop ups. Thanks for your continuous support.

Attachments:
                      Kirill Bulatnikov
                      Participant

Can you please try next one script version – attached. I set another anchor for password text field and also added few lines to isolate a problem as it possible. If password will not populate this time – can you please provide screenshot of expanded result report.

Andrew Chan
                        Participant

Hi, still no luck. Attached the screenshot of the report. Thanks.

Attachments:
                          Kirill Bulatnikov
                          Participant

Got it.
                            Please try next one version

If this still no good you can try WA – comment line 13 and uncomment line 16.

Thanks,
                            ZAPTEST Team

Andrew Chan
                            Participant

Hi, I tried the v6 and also tried your {tab} way but both didn’t work. However I realized something this time. For all the commands on the diaglog box (whether it being exist/type/click) none of it has the sign in diaglog box in focus! I recorded another view based on the dialog box and created the Sign In title bar as an object to show you what I mean. When in focus the Sign In title bar should be blue.

Kirill Bulatnikov
                              Participant

You can try insert following line to the script after line 11

Application(“ISSP Client”).SetProperty “regexpwndtitle”, “Sign In”

and then try to run script once again.

BTW didn’t you try to scan application itself and not from the recorder?

Andrew Chan
                                Participant

I tried inserting the setproperty line into the script but that makes it failed when looking for the ‘Sign In’ titlebar object. Attaching the script here and let me know if I have done something wrong.

Attachments:
                                Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.