Get your 6-month No-Cost Opt-Out offer for Unlimited software automation!

problem logging on to MAC in M-RUN in ZAPTEST

problem logging on to MAC in M-RUN in ZAPTEST

Home Forums Ask Expert problem logging on to MAC in M-RUN in ZAPTEST

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Chan
    Participant

I have recorded a script for MAC using Zap Viewer. However, when playing back using M-RUN by opening the zpd file, I would be able to get the logon screen of the MAC but it will not let me logon with the same account that works in Zap Viewer! Anyone has that experience?

Kirill Bulatnikov
      Participant

Hello
        So as I understand the script you running successfully under 1Script not going well in M-Run mode, correct?

Is it a script working with web application or standalone application? Did you try to launch application using M-Run?

Thanks,
        ZAPTEST Team

Andrew Chan
        Participant

I only mean that I have written the script using the Zap viewer. I have never tested it and that’s what I am trying to do… From what I understand the only way to playback the script is to use M-RUN? The application under test is a standalone application and I am only trying to ‘logon’ to the MAC using zpd in M-RUN at this point. Is there other way to playback the script on MAC?

Kirill Bulatnikov
          Participant

You can use either 1Script or M-Run. If you need execute only on 1 device 1Script is the right choice.

Please refer to the tooltip of “Launch” method to see how to run script on remote device via 1Script using ZAP Viewer

In M-Run you have to launch application prior to script execution (when you configuring access to remote device)

Andrew Chan
            Participant

I finally ‘guessed’ on using the “mac” param in the launch method to open the zap viewer zpd file for MAC. Unfortunately I am still having issues signing onto the MAC. Will continue the investigation. Is there any documentation/video of how this is supposed to be done (ie. using zap viewer to remote playback script on MAC). Thanks.

Attachments:
              Kirill Bulatnikov
              Participant

Hello
                I got your intention. For your purposes – such as testing of remote MacOS application – best solution is run via M-Run.
                To set up M-Run you have to add remote machine to list of devices (I suppose you already did), then in M-Run navigate to this device’s desktop and launch AUT manually there. After that you are able to manipulate this application with script.

Do you need to log on onto OS initially with the script or the script managing only the AUT?

Thanks,
                ZAPTEST Team

Andrew Chan
                Participant

I tried running M-Run (that’s the initial issue I have opened this thread with) but I cannot logon to my MAC user account in M-Run.

Andrew Chan
                  Participant

I am still trying the use the 1-script tab for the playback. I am coming across with this issue: When I open the zpd file initially with Application(“MAC ISSP Client”).Launch “mac”,”C:UsersAdministratorDocumentsmymac.zpd”, it is opening too big a screen and not the whole screen will show in the ZapViewer. I know reducing the screen resolution will make it work but I have tried changing the resolution to Custom in the zpd file but it takes no effect. Any one came across with this problem? Attaching my zpd file

Kirill Bulatnikov
                    Participant

Did you tried to operate with MAC when it is already logged in prior to work with ZAPTEST?

As for screen size – you can try following lines:

Application(“MAC ISSP Client”).setWindowSize 800,600 #this is for set up vertical and horizontal size of the opening window in pixels
                      Application(“MAC ISSP Client”).setWindowLocation 0,0 #this is for set up position of the new window where 0,0 is left top corner

Andrew Chan
                      Participant

the setWindowSize and setWindowLocation has worked beautifully! Thanks!
                        My next challenge is now on the Type method at the password prompt…. I am using the Type method but realized that it is not typing in the letter ‘C’ correctly (encrypted or not)! Is that a known issue?

Kirill Bulatnikov
                        Participant

Is it a problem of entire “type” method on your side or some exact textbox? What it insert instead of “C”?

Andrew Chan
                          Participant

“c” was inserted instead…

seems like all the ‘SHIFT’ characters are not typeable (ie. “@”, “#”, or any of the capital letters).

Kirill Bulatnikov
                            Participant

Can you please provide a bit more details? What is the case when you are unable to input uppercase “C”? Is it in M-Run or in viewer? Is it in any text fields or some certain form/field?

Andrew Chan
                              Participant

the script itself is really straight forward (see attachment of where it calls Type). I have tried the same on other text field and same result. Maybe this only happens on MAC as I have used Type method on Windows Application before with no issues. I am using 1-Script Viewer and playback on a standalone application on MAC. Hope this has enough details. Thanks!

Attachments:
                                Kirill Bulatnikov
                                Participant

Hello
                                  We re-test this case and found this is a bug which is affected by VNC protocol interaction with MacOS. Our R&D working on it and this bug will be fixed in next release.

Thanks,
                                  ZAPTEST Team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.