Get your 6-month No-Cost Opt-Out offer for Unlimited software automation!

A few questions on usage

A few questions on usage

Home Forums Ask Expert A few questions on usage

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Alan Carr
    Participant

I am running the free version of zap test I was able to capture some views with the recorder and via GUI scan. When I now select scenairo and the recorder tab is selected in the lower window the ZAP TEST logo is shown in the lower window but no record button or record options for quality etc. I recall when I first used record the gear icon didn’t show up to allow selection of quality etc.

I have found documentation on methods however I cant find documentation for the rest of the application, whilst I appreciate there are many videos / tutorials however they don’t explain all settings eg all property inspector options such as recognition type etc. Likewise scan multiline or scan blocks etc. Furthermore most of the demos etc seem to be associated with a browser application whereas I’m more interested in desktop applications.

Lastly can you rearrange / group objects in the property inspector such that they may reflect their usage in the application making it easier for a user to produce steps.

This is looking like a great piece of software for my use.

Sasha ZAP

Hello a.carr,

Which version of ZAPTEST you have?
        Starting from ZAPTEST v22.3.0 the Recorder button is located in the new REC studio (Appears as a new tab at teh upper-left pane) – In this new REC Studio, in its upper left menu you’ll see the “Gear” icon.

Regarding the Documentation you can find all you need in teh https://www.zaptest.com/documentation Documentation page:If you do not find some specific subject please let me know.Also please note that ZAPTEST using similar methods for Web apps and Desktop apps, and although some of the examples refer to Web based pages you can use them in the same manner in any Desktop apps as well.

Regarding your last question:”…can you rearrange / group objects in the property inspector…” – Please explain more about this issue, and if this is possible please add screenshots for extra understanding.

Please contact ZAP to get a demo and to understand the benefits of Enterprise Edition:
        In the https://www.zaptest.com/ page please click on the “Demo + Trial” upper right red button and fill up the appeared form.

Thank you for using ZAPTEST.

Thanks,
        ZAPTEST Team

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.