Get your 6-month No-Cost Opt-Out offer for Unlimited software automation!

Cannot click rows inside drop down list

Cannot click rows inside drop down list

Home Forums Ask Expert Cannot click rows inside drop down list

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Valentin ZAP.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Leidz Bigay
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I am encountering problems when running zaptest script that is clicking on a drop down list.
      The drop down list disappears too fast after it is clicked by zaptest and I encountered these problems:
      1. I am not able to record the rows inside the drop down list using the scanner
      – while scanning, I press on ctrl key, click on the drop down to open the drop down but when I click on anywhere in the window the drop down list disappears before zaptest was able to record the drop down list rows
      2. I am not able to click the rows inside the drop down list because the drop down list rows disappears too fast to do any action to it.
      – when I run my script, zaptest is able to click the drop down list and the rows inside appears but only for a brief time, I am not able to click on any values inside the drop down because they already disappear before the next action is executed.

Please let me know any tips for resolving these problems.

Valentin ZAP
      Keymaster

Hi leidzb!

1. When you have serious difficulties with scanning something in your application you could create screenshot and then scan this view from a picture. But this way you should add this view to the exist application, otherwise you could get wrong “Application” parameters.

2. What do you mean? When ZAPTEST clicks on drop down list, it shows and disappears?! Could you provide more information and probably record your screen.

Thank you,
        ZAPTEST Team

Leidz Bigay
        Participant

Hi AndreySh,

I am successful using your first suggestion on the scanning of the Dropdown list.
          However I am still not able to click on the items inside the drop down list.
          I have tried the workarounds below, but none seemed to work on our app:

Workaround 1
          Hold CTRL key
          Activate Drop down
          Select Item from List
          Release CTRL key

Workaround 2
          Hold CTRL key
          Activate Drop down
          Click with Move mouse down to select Item in drop down list
          Release CTRL key

Workaround 3
          Hold CTRL key
          Activate Drop down by double clicking
          Select Row 1 on the drop down list
          Release CTRL button

Workaround 4
          Activate Drop Down
          Click Row 1 in drop Down list

Workaround 5
          Activate Drop Down
          Move mouse down
          Click Row 1 in drop Down

Workaround 6
          Activate Drop Down by double clicking
          Move mouse down
          Click Row 1 in drop Down

Zaptest was able to Click the DropDown control, and the Drop down list items shows up but disappears very fast and Zaptest was not able to click the items inside before the drop down list disappeared.

I have attached the screen recording and zaptest file.
          The screen recording starts on the comment: ‘Start of Video Recording’ in the zaptest script
          Please let me know if you have any advice on how to resolve the issue.

Thanks for the help.

Valentin ZAP
          Keymaster

We have inspected your script.
            The biggest problem is:

Object ‘Object(“ddUserMenu”)’ doesn’t have “Text” property. It means that OCR engine cannot be used and “Image Recognition” is used instead of. So this is very unstable, because selected area doesn’t contain graphic information.

Using you video file is difficult to understand where is the place when the menu is successfully activated. So we want to provide the following scenario:

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
            ' ZAP Solution
            ' Click on the Gear to activate the menu
            ' If this is not working, you could activate menu by using relative objects
            ' After this step Content Menu should be visible
            Application("SecurEasy").View("Welcome").Object("btnGear").Click
            ' Use OCR Method To CLick on the menu item
            ' We have created siple object to click on "Log Viewer" item
            Application("SecurEasy").View("GearMenu").Object("Log Viewer").Click
            ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Let us know if this scenario works. ZAPTEST Script is attached.

Thank you,
            ZAPTEST Team

Attachments:
          Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.