Get your 6-month No-Cost Opt-Out offer for Unlimited software automation!

Execution taking time

Execution taking time

Home Forums Ask Expert Execution taking time

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    hari babu
    Participant

Hi Team,
      Couple of observations from my end:
      1. Today i installed free edition and noticed that, while execution the script its taking time (hope each action going to wait 45 seconds)
      Please let me know who to execute mode fast by changing any settings on this
      2.we found yellow highlighting as code actions running while debugging,its good but some machines are not showing, hope is any settings to change to display
      3.I need to select menu items from desktop application, please clarify how to select the sub menus.
      4. Is this selecting an button or control is impact execution, i selected a button as object spy, some times we can select completely and some time not?
      5. Finally in the report attachments of images are not as per, noticed some times its not taking proper screenshot images for each action, (is impact while executing the script by moving the mouse cursor positions)

Appropriate your response…

Kirill Bulatnikov
      Participant

Hey Hari, thanks for interest in ZAPTEST.

1.About your first observation. The delay that you have during script execution is more likely caused by “exist” method, as it having exactly 45 seconds default timeout. Usually this mean your test step is “failed” if this delay expired. Does it looks close to what you have in your script?
        Though we have delay parameter for steps execution in ZAPTEST app. Navigate to TOOLS -> Options -> Runtime -> Global Delay (in ms).

2. Did you mean that code highlighting not working on some of your lab machines? Actually it is default parameter and can’t be changed (turned off), however it may be some graphical inconvenience on your environment. We will appreciate if you provide more details.

Kirill Bulatnikov
        Participant

3. I guess “click” method should work just fine. If you need some scrolling within submenu it may require “for” loop statement which is not allowed in free edition. But you still can use single scroll or Down (or PageDown) button.
          4. Pressing keyboard buttons should not affect script execution unless it is affect screen objects displaying (like when you press “PageDown” button and page scrolls down – this way discovered object may be located out of visible area).
          5. Screenshots appearing in test reports are exact imprint of the object that been recognized on the real application, not the one from repository. So it might be slightly different. This is valid for successfulll object recognition (successfully passed step), whereas in case of failed object recognition you will see repository snapshot.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.