Get your 6-month No-Cost Opt-Out offer for Unlimited software automation!

Mysterious scalability

Mysterious scalability

Home Forums Ask Expert Mysterious scalability

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Marco Malziotti
    Participant

Hello
      I would like to verify the existence of the “I Agree” label in correspondence with the first two “Terms and conditions” shown on the following web page:
      https://labtcp.omoove.com/whitelabel/customer-base/register_company.html (select English language)

I would like to do it both from mobile and from desktop, but in addition to using only one script I would also like to use only one “view”.
      I am attaching my appropriately commented .zap file (if I remove the comments and run the script of course everything works, even on mobile).
      I would like to use it like this (only “Step1company” view) for both mobile and desktop.
      How come any “Scalability” imposed between “lblAgree” and “lblRule” in the case of running on a mobile device, ZapTest finds me “lblRule” but does NOT find the child element “lblAgree”?
      I also attach the reports as the “Scalability” parameter changes.

Basically I would like to avoid editing the same view twice (for mobile and for desktop).
      Thank you.
      Marco Malziotti
      P.S. I use ZapTest free 21.1.4 version

Sasha ZAP

Hello Marco,

The ScrollTo method scrolls the page until ZAPTEST locates the object (Which ScrollTo was assigned to it) and then it stops the scrolling:
        This means if you wish to use a different object beneath the one which was found it may not bee seen by ZAPTEST yet.
        In order to make sure ZAPTEST finds all required objects they all must be in the visible executed page.
        I’ve attached an update to your script, hope this will help you.

Thanks,
        ZAPTEST Team

Marco Malziotti
        Participant

Thanks but I only added the click () method on the lblAgree1 and lblAgree2 of your script (see new attachment) and ZapTest, in the case of execution from mobile, does not select the “I Agree” label but the text above ….
          I am also attaching the new report.
          Thanks

Marco Malziotti

Sasha ZAP

Hello Marco,
            Basically the web page as it appears in the Desktop web site is a bit different then as it appears in the Mobile web site:
            In the Desktop site the parent objects above the “I Agree” radio-buttons appear in a single line (See attached “desktop web page.jpg” screenshot), while the same objects in the Mobile site appear each in 2 lines (See attached “mobile web page.jpg” screenshot), this means the parent object in the Desktop site will not be recognized in the Mobile site and vice-versa (And because of this the “I Agree” radio-buttons will not be found) – Therefore there is no other option but to use the condition you’ve commented in your test and set the 2 objects for each of the web pages’ origin.

Regarding the “ScrollTo” method, if you’ll have difficulties finding the required object, you can set the first attribute of the method (“Int32 delta) with a number such as (-1), this will scroll the page a bit slower and enable ZAPTEST to search the object more efficiently.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
            ZAPTEST Team

Marco Malziotti
            Participant

Thank you. I find this solution very tiring: I will have to create and edit all the screens again by viewing them from the mobile!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.