fbpx

Get your 6-month No-Cost Opt-Out offer for Unlimited software automation!

Script doesn’t recognise which box to click

Script doesn’t recognise which box to click

Home Forums Ask Expert Script doesn’t recognise which box to click

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rebecca Wilson
    Participant

I’ve been using ZapTest to try and automate the testing of my desktop application.

The big issue I’m finding is that it doesn’t seem to be able to differ between the text boxes on the screen. I’ve tried mapping the GUI a few different times and have creating the script from the view itself. The results each time are a 50/50 split between not entering anything into the screen at all and choosing a random box on screen to put the text into.

The screen itself is a series of textboxes of the same height and width. The view is able to map and name them but when I reference them in the script it doesn’t work.

Am I missing a step or an easy way to make sure the script can distinguish between the textboxes?

Sasha ZAP

Hello rebecca.wilson,

Are you specifying a Relative object in the object’s properties?
        Relative object is a well identified object by ZAPTEST which is close to an object that cannot be recognized properly – Try to use the Relative object feature.

But if you still have difficulties with the view please attach a detailed screenshot of the view you are having trouble with.

Thanks,
        ZAPTEST Team

Rebecca Wilson
        Participant

That seems to have done the trick!

Many thanks

Sasha ZAP

Thank you.

Please check our tutorial page, where you can watch videos and download tests’ samples:

Tutorial

Thanks,
            ZAPTEST Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.