fbpx

Get your 6-month No-Cost Opt-Out offer for Unlimited software automation!

Script not run

Script not run

Home Forums Ask Expert Script not run

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Simon Yuen
    Participant

When I run the script in the screenshot as attached. There is nothing happen and no step was executed according to the report in the attached screenshot. Please kindly advice.

Untitled.png

Sasha ZAP

Hello Simon,
        Please check the following video explaining how to be build your first script:

Building Your First Script

If your new to ZAPTEST please check our online full “ZAPTEST Beginner Tutorial” at:

Tutorial

To get more understanding of the ZAPTEST methods please check the “How-To” documentation page at:
        https://www.zaptest.com/user-zone/product-training
        Hope this will help.
        Thanks,
        ZAPTEST Team

Simon Yuen
        Participant

I followed the step in “Build your first script” but even I select the line to “run from line” as the screenshot, the line was not run actually.
          screenshot2021-09-24153418.png

Sasha ZAP

Hello Simon,
            Basically if you run a testing script from its first line you do not need to use the “Run From This Line” option, you can just click the “Run” button from the upper toolbar.
            If you do use the “Run From This Line” option you need to be careful from where you actually execute this command in you r test:
            It is best to select the “Run From This Line” option from an empty line above the line of which you want to actually execute.
            Also make sure to do the following before executing a test:
            1. Check first manually if you do not have issues executing the steps you’ve created in the test.
            2. Make sure the ZAPTEST app instance installed in the same local machine from where you are trying to execute the test (There are more advanced features in ZAPTEST where you can execute a test in a remote machine but this will require extra settings).
            3. Make sure no window except ZAPTETS is opened in your machine, in order to perform a proper test it is important to allow ZAPTEST to execute the required window’s AUT (Application Under Test) using the “Launch” method;
            There are cases you can use already an opened window but such window must be recognized by ZAPTEST (This is based on the “Application” object’s properties).
            Please let me know if the above helped to solve the issue.
            Thanks,
            ZAPTEST Team

Simon Yuen
            Participant

After I clicked run, it was just nothing happen. (Please find the recording in zip file.)
              Please kindly find the html testing result as attached as well.
              ZAPTESTFreeEdition-Test2021-09-2416-17-37.zip

May I know any logging from Zaptest could help to further investigate or elaborate the issue?

Thanks!

Simon Yuen
              Participant

Attached the html testing file for your reference.

Sergey ZAP
                Keymaster

Hello Simon,
                  Please re-install ZAPTEST.
                  – Uninstall your current version;
                  – Reboot your computer;
                  – Run the installation exe as administrator.

Simon Yuen
                  Participant

Resolved.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.