Get your 6-month No-Cost Opt-Out offer for Unlimited software automation!

Zap Browser 1.16 fails to connect to iOS 10.3.1

Zap Browser 1.16 fails to connect to iOS 10.3.1

Home Forums Ask Expert Zap Browser 1.16 fails to connect to iOS 10.3.1

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Aaron Mauchley.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Aaron Mauchley
    Participant

I have an iPad running iOS 10.3.1 and I have connected it up through the device manager in ZapTest. I’ve also installed the ZapBrowser 1.16 through the device manager and told the iPad to trust the computer as well as trust the ZapBrowser as instructed in the tutorial. Unfortunately though, everytime I try to just run the ZapBrowser through the device manager it starts to initiate the application, but always gets stuck in loading it up past the ZapTest ZapBrowser logo. It continues to try this multiple times, but eventually fails entirely and the ZapTest application running the device manager then shows an error popup stating that it failed to connect. The interesting thing to note here is that I can run the zap browser manually by clicking on the app itself on the iPad and it loads up just fine. The error only happens when trying to run in through the device manager.

I would log this issue in a bug tracker if I knew where to put it, but seeing that the forum appears to log anything, I figured I would mention it here. Has anyone else had this problem?

Valentin ZAP
      Keymaster

Good morning, Aaron Mauchley!

Unfortunately, Apple could block launching process on iPad iOS 10.3.1 when you are using Enterprise or Release version of certificates. You could try reboot your device: but some times later you could get this problem again.

To avoid this problem you should reinstall ZAP Browser (or any other application) using Debug (Development) version of certificate and provision file.

Thank you,
        ZAPTEST Team

Aaron Mauchley
        Participant

Andrey:

I’ll try rebooting, in the meantime, when you say to using the “Debug (Development)” versions of the certificate and provision file for ZAP Browser, as far as I know there isn’t any? When you download the ZAP Browser from the ZapTest.com Downloads page (v1.16) it only comes with the .ipa since the Agent is included in it already, am I missing something or not pulling down the correct download?

Valentin ZAP
          Keymaster

IPA package on our website is signed using Enterprise certificate. We cannot sign it using Development version because Development version should have information about your phone (ID). To generate Development certificate you should enrol to Apple Development Program. Usually RnD team has all information about Development certificate and provision files.

Thank you,
            ZAPTEST Team

Aaron Mauchley
            Participant

Alright, thank you, I’m new to iOS development so I appreciate the answer and clarification.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.