Get your 6-month No-Cost Opt-Out offer for Unlimited software automation!

ZAPTEST support for URL Schemes on iOS?

ZAPTEST support for URL Schemes on iOS?

Home Forums Ask Expert ZAPTEST support for URL Schemes on iOS?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Andy Yan
    Participant

Hello, sorry to open an other question so soon, but I have an other issue.

I am testing an app on iOS that opens an other app using URL Schemes. Both apps can be launched individually after instrumentation. However, when I open an other app from the first app, and then return back to the first app, it seems to reset the first app back to the default landing screen and the other app also lost the work it has done.

The work flow should be (using normal builds):
      1. Login to first app
      2. Launch second app to download something
      3. When download completes, return to first app

Currently, when launching through apps instrumented by ZAPTEST (even on the device itself), when the download completes on the second app, it returns back to first app but in the login screen, and the download is not saved in the second app (at least it was not registered). Did both apps reset or something? (Note, there is saved information in the first app, so not all data is reset, not sure about second app.)

Appreciate any help for this issue.

Valentin ZAP
      Keymaster

Hi Ayan,

Thanks for reaching out and no problem at all about the questions! We love questions and challenges 🙂

Regarding the issue you are facing – yes, we are aware of this. The ability to launch multiple applications on the same device is a feature that will be available in the next release of ZAPTEST Enterprise Edition. We offer a trial for the Enterprise Edition.

Alex, our CTO, should be reaching out to you by e-mail to further assist you with the trial version.

Thanks,
        Sergio

Ps. another thought comes to mind – have you tried this workflow:
        1. Launch first app using the .Launch method and login to it
        2. Launch the second app using the .Launch method, do the download
        3. When download completes, launch the first app using the Launch method again
        [my only concern in this case is that the second app can be launched only by using that custom URL scheme link in the first app after the login? in such case, you’d need the ‘multiple simultaneous apps on single device’ feature of the enterprise edition]

Andy Yan
        Participant

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the alternative method you suggested is not applicable due to the design of the AUT (second app will launch first app if it is installed). I’ll try the Enterprise Edition when it is updated.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.